Profile

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sweet Fragments of Refreshment

God reminded me of how He uses sweet fragments of life to encourage us in a brief 12 hour period of my life. We heard the testimony of a woman, infused with God's truth via her grandparents, eventually brought to repentance because His Word kept speaking to her heart though she spent years walking her own way. Now God's Word is her song and her son says that his mom does not have a favorite verse; she loves it all. It was a delight to hear her speak God's Word, one verse after another and how they ministered to her. As you know, in my chronic illness, the staying power of God's Word has been a struggle and some of my sleep is filled with terrifying images. The other night, in my dream, I was completely recalling verses I have memorized. Oh, how my spirit was refreshed as the Word of God spoke to my heart. Such a sweet sleep, it was difficult to wake. As I walked to the our mailbox with another batch of letters to send, a beautiful black moth with white accents landed just in front of me and stayed still while I watched it. It was a moment to reflect upon the awesome work of our Creator and His directing hand on all of His creation. Thanks Lord for the fragrance that You placed in this 12 hours. You refreshed my weary spirit, my heart, my ears, my mind, and my eyes.

1 comment:

Christine said...

cAh my sweet sister....your post itself has the fragrance of His goodness in it. Isn't He marvelous that even in sleep, He guards us in our thoughts, and brings His Truth to the inmost place. I love too, how He brings the most delightful little pieces of His creation to just remind us....that's all....just to remind us that we are not alone or forgotten.