Profile

Monday, August 16, 2010

MP: When to step up the anitbiotics?

In the Marshall Protocol, small pulses of antibiotics are taken every 48 hours. Each time a new antibiotic is started, you start on a very small dose and slowly increase it to make sure you can handle the immunopathology that follows the dying bacteria. Immunopathology is a fancy word that means that you feel sick because your body is fighting the bad guys. The objective is to reach the full therapeutic dose without giving up on the protocol because it interferes too much with daily living. Therefore, you can step up to the next level of antibiotic when you can tolerate the side effects of killing those bacteria for a week or two (depending on the bacteria and your life). You can also hold off on the new level if you have an important meeting or event in the near future--just to avoid surprises. My body is doing a good job of letting me know when to change the dosage. I stagnant or plateau and wonder why I am even following this protocol. My husband said, "You seem to sense that it is no longer doing you any good." This is exactly the feeling that I get. My health does not go backwards I just feel like the scum-covered pond that was near my childhood home: water, home to many fish, full of food, important. Yet, it just does not compare to the life of the clear, bubbling brook set amongst the trees: sparkling, refreshing, clean. The other indicator is the ability to regularly take Benicar on the regular schedule of every six hours. If I am needing to take Benicar every four hours and increase my dosage, then I have eliminated the most effective method of making any bad immunopathology tolerable. One woman encouraged mothers to listen to their "mommy-gut" instinct regarding their children. If mothers are in obedience to God, they can listen to this instinct because they are filtering it through the lens of Truth. Likewise, I am listening to my body (which God designed) to determine how best to proceed through this protocol--for me. Your way may be different for you. Blessed is the doctor who realizes this that we need to listen to our bodies (my doctor does)! I am sure there are other ways to determine when to take what and when to stop. These are just two ways that have helped me at this time.

No comments: