Profile

Sunday, August 8, 2010

MP--A Gentle Introduction to Phase 2

My gracious God has gently introduced me to Phase 2 of the Marshall Protocol. I was just starting to feel more "normal" physically and emotionally on Phase 1 so I knew it was time to move on but I must admit that I was also reluctant to face the symptoms of dying bacteria. However, in my first week on Phase 2, I have continued to have a functioning brain and energy to do household projects. I have only had a few blocks of time that I felt poorly. I am very grateful for this time to enjoy thinking and attacking some neglected work. After reviewing a chart of the normal immunopathology associated with minocycline, with my husband's wise input, I switched to taking the antibiotics in the morning (instead of the night) so that most of my symptoms would hit when I am sleeping. Now, sleep has not been the greatest, but I am feeling better doing the day and my morning, in particular, has been more tolerable. Each antibiotic has a different schedule so we will see what happens with clindamycin. Chart for immunopathology of Minocycline http://mpkb.org/home/mp/mpmeds/minocycline I am presently taking 1/4 dose of the full desired dose minocycline (25mg) and clindamycin (37.5 mg) every 48 hours, and will continue at this level for at least another week, or until my symptoms are tolerable. Then I increase one of the antibiotics another 1/4. This stair-stepping continues until I can tolerate a full dose of both antibiotics. I am using these tools to chart my symptoms. I prefer the Phase 1 chart as it allows more room for a greater variety of symptoms. I also track my average ratings on any given day (which my husband and I devised and I posted recently into another blog). http://mpkb.org/home/lifestyle/toolsformp#symptom_chart Thank You, Lord for some gentle transitions and for providing wisdom and tools for those transitions.

No comments: