Profile

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Marshall Protocol: VERY hard day

Two almost normal days (though I am not sure I remember what normal feels like). Sigh. I was feeling hopeful that I had tackled this dosage level of minocycline and could enjoy a few days reprieve before starting the next phase. Then Sunday hit. I actually had hints Saturday evening that some more bacteria were being targeted as I experienced some chest pain and shortness of breath, however these were mild. Sunday morning it required all my energy to say a word. I ended up writing a note to my husband to let him know that I felt awful and tried to describe it. I was in a tunnel. Any talking required effort to even form the words. I could plod through daily activities but interactive activities were extremely taxing--and the day was full of just such activities. But I went to church, said little, and sang and clung to God. Or rather, He clung to me. We had a meeting in the afternoon: I listened and managed to let people know my name. We took some Nepalese refugees to the airport and some others to evening service. Finally, the tunnel darkness lifted and I could interact with others. Prior to evening service, my husband asked if I needed to stay home. This is something that is a challenge for me (and I think others who have followed the MP) is that you do not know if an activity will help get you through or if you are taxing yourself by doing that very activity--honestly, I do not think staying home to rest would have helped so I went to evening service. Our doctor stresses the importance of continue daily living while on the protocol. I need to keep seeking God's wisdom for the daily decisions of balancing light exposure, work/rest, interaction/quiet, etc. . . so that my body can heal but I am doing just what He calls me to do.

No comments: