Profile

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The First Day

Today is the first day that Josiah, our 19 year old son, is gone for the whole day without having ability to contact him. He is officially in Army Boot Camp and we are facing another transition. I am proud of him, I miss him, and I am glad that he is secure in his relationship with the Lord. Yesterday, we spent time reading a chapter book aloud, going to Martial Arts class together, playing a family game of "Sorry", watching most of "Hook", and eating homemade pizza. I also tortured the family with requiring a photo shoot, but they all lived through it. Gratitude points:
  • I will hear from Josiah by the week's end where I can send letters.
  • A phone call from a friend who was feeling for me during this transition.
  • Thanks to all those who sent cards to encourage Josiah.
  • Time together.
  • Praying together for strength and courage for Josiah.
  • Phone conversations with his siblings (and niece) living in other states.
  • Josiah's excitement in going into the military.
  • Friends that have supported our son.
  • GOD IS WITH HIM WHEREVER HE GOES!

No comments: