Profile

Friday, July 9, 2010

Marshall Protocol: Doctor Visit and Direction

Today I saw my wonderful doctor (I do not use that adjective frequently when referring to medical personnel). He is encouraged by my progress and says that after I stabilize with this most recent dosage level of minocycoline, I can move into Phase 2 of the Marshall Protocol. This phase will add another antibiotic because the bacteria are tricky guys and need several approaches. Sounds like children, huh? This second antibiotic will work more on the neurological aspects of my disease. I am not sure how I exactly feel about that because it means that when the antibiotic kills the bacteria, they will release toxins that will directly impact my thinking. Ultimately this is good but . . . who asks to face trials? If God told me that trials are necessary (which He does) and He asked me what trial would I choose for myself to endure for my sanctification and His glory, what would my answer be? Honestly, I cannot think of one single trial I would choose. So I must trust Him in choosing them for me. Today, I read Ps. 52 and reflected on Gods desires take I when face enemies: Make God my refuge, fear God, trust God, give thanks, wait. Yes, the same actions need to be in my life when I face trials of any type. On more mundane notes, after I had the required bloodwork, I deviated from the Marshall Protocol diet with some Artisan Bread from Blue Dog Cafe and Bakery. It was actually pretty safe food as they do not enrich their flour nor use eggs, but the flour was quite white and the bread was delicious. Back to the MP diet in the morning. I tried making some chocolate chip cookies with an unsweetened chocolate bar, no sugar, and whole wheat pastry flour. I am going to have to try again.

No comments: