Profile

Friday, September 3, 2010

MP: an alien in my own body

There is another struggle in chronic illness and the Marshall Protocol that I am discovering: wondering what activity will help lessen bad feelings or symptoms. Will eating a bit more help or hinder; did I get too much sunlight; will I feel more rested from a nap or is it exercise I really need? I used to be able to tell. Now, I am rarely sure. I try to rest and become more restless. I try changing activities and nothing changes. Distraction can be a good thing. Sometimes I just have to wait until the symptoms go away (or not go away).

It is strange not to know what will happen. I thought this was odd til I talked with others at our Marshall Protocol Support Group and found out that many had the same questions when they encounter "aliens in their bodies". This is also a challenge for those who live with us.

It is also VERY weird to discover that feeling normal, physically, emotionally, and mentally is actually an alien feeling!

I do know that having someone else stop and pray aloud for me always helps and brings peace whatever circumstances I am in, physically, emotionally or mental. Thanks God, for answering those prayers. And thanks, Friends, for taking the time to pray out loud for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Carolyn,

How's it going? I was wondering, if indeed, you go to an MP support group, if you ot someone would like to list it here:
http://mpkb.org/home/social/support

Best,
Paul
palbert1 at gmail dot com