Profile

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

God's Simple Preparations

God reminds me of how He prepared me for the steps of my life. Years ago my sister gave me a colorful scarf from France. As I wore this, other people noticed it and I received many other scarves--a great variety in style, material, and colors. I have four from other countries, warm handmade scarves, subtle colors, lively accents, long and short lengths. Each is special as they are all gifts from special people. At one point, someone mentioned that these wardrobe accessories had become a signature of mine. What I failed to realize at the moment was that God was preparing me for my present wardrobe. On the Marshall Protocol, to reduce the effect of sunlight on my worn out immune system, I need to wear dark and long clothing year round. Long, black clothing looks rather odd in the heat of the summer. Yet, all I have to do is add a colorful scarf and the effect can become a cheery outfit. I can dress up or make a casual impact depending on which scarf I wear. Every day I am reminded of friends, places, or times in my life as I put on these accessories. But even more, as I walk through this challenge of living even more differently, I am reminded of my God's caring hand to prepare my wardrobe. Not only will He dress me in His glorious gown in the eternity but He is mindful of my needs/desires even before I have a need or desire for them. Thank You, Lord for the simple preparations You have placed to allow us to walk through whatever path You have chosen for us. P.S. Thanks to those of you who have contributed to my scarf wardrobe. Not sure if I really need anymore but I do need a good way to hang them in my closet. Hey, globe-trotting sis, I will take another one from a land afar!

1 comment:

Christine said...

A German scarf you shall have!!!

I love the way God prepares us for what lies next, and most delightfully, we don't even know it at the time (and if we did, we'd probably squirm and try to find another way). Who would have ever thought a season of your life would be through scarves! He is so FUN in His care for us!

I love you.