Profile

Sunday, May 23, 2010

God's Simple Preparations, Part 3

After another teary day of school frustration, we went before the Lord, asking for His wisdom in how we could redeem this school time and make it work better next year. It has been of utmost importance that academics do not destroy our relationships with our children. Our school year has also been one of transitions: only student left in our school; my health issues; curriculum choices and direction; expectations for a bright student who would rather not work hard; tried a homeschool co-op; death of a grandparent resulting in multiple out-of-start trips, required house remodeling due to some major repairs. After our realization that we could not continue on the present course for our next school year and spending time in prayer, a plan came to mind. Hesitant to call it "from the Lord", I asked Jonathan what he would think about having his eldest brother write course descriptions for Jonathan's schoolwork. Peter and Jonathan think a lot alike. Jonathan respects Peter. Peter has excelled academically. Not only would Peter write the descriptions, Jonathan would need to get Peter's approval to make changes, thus, though I would be involved, I would have an advocate in trying to educate an out-of-the-box thinker. "Yes", Jonathan replied to the idea. So, I contacted Peter and hesitantly broached the subject. As soon as he realized what I was asking, he said, "Mom, I have been thinking about doing this very thing and was wondering how to start." Not that I should be surprised that God prepared Peter's heart and mind but I was. Thank You, Lord for the ways You prepare a path before us and direct us to that path.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow.
I'll pray that this works out well, and for much peace and rest for you.