Profile

Sunday, May 23, 2010

God's Simple Preparations, Part 2

Over a year ago I met a woman who was going through some very difficult times physically and had a genetic condition that her children also had. Through this, she had become an expert on the best people in the nation to deal with these conditions. She gave me her name and phone number (scratched on a piece of paper, long since discarded). Last month a friend mentioned the results of her daughter's MRI following a series of scary symptoms. God brought to mind the conversation I had the year before and the NAME of the woman who had shared about this very same condition. To understand the gravity of this recall, you must know that my chronic illness causes me to forget very easily such details, but God had grafted this name on my mind for such a time. My friend was able to contact her and they had a very long discussion and, through this contact, they received information to help alleviate some of the symptoms and a direction for resolution. To God be the glory for placing us in position to help one another through "chance" encounters and giving us recall when it is needed. Truly, He prepares the way before us.

No comments: