Profile

Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Purpose of Transitions

". . . but be transformed by the renewing of your mind . . ." Romans 12:2b
God, in His infinite wisdom, uses the very transitions of this life to transform me. This is not an easy path for me. I, by nature, like the routines of life. I like schedules, organization, nice little boxes where everything has its own spot. I like to wake at the same time and begin our homeschooling day at the same time. I like to shop (well, I never truly like to shop) at the same store and when I find a particularly yummy latte, it is hard to order something else. But, it is my desire to be transformed because this is what my Lord desires. And transitions are often His tools. To understand this very fact is one of the ways that my mind is renewed. I need to see transitions through His love and not my unyielding heart. God has strung a particularly difficult set of transitions together for my transformation. Though I will be sharing about those and the paths along the way, I never want to lose sight that those transitions are His plans so that I can transformed into His likeness.

No comments: