Profile

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Marshall Protocol: Stones of Remembrance

When I began the Marshall Protocol, I thought I would be celebrating the completion of each year but this first anniversary found me in a deep brain fog with very little energy. In fact, as it dawned on me, I had to carefully reconstruct why I am continuing on this lifestyle-changing protocol (without a specific ending point except when my body is healthy again).

So, I am setting these stones of remembrance before my eyes that I may contemplate where I was going before I started on the Marshall Protocol. My body was spiraling downwards and though I did not experience everything at one time, more of my systems were becoming involved and the symptoms indicated my body was facing increasing danger.

  • Emergency room visit for irregular heart beat
  • Ongoing chest pain, shortness of breath and pain in arm
  • Complete cardiac workup with no indication of heart problems
  • Inability to sleep; had to keep moving
  • Inability to get out of bed in the morning
  • Constant naps without feeling more energy
  • Eyes showed defective portion at retina
  • Going to bed earlier and earlier/getting up later and later
  • Pain at joints and soles of feet
  • Thyroid stopped functioning
  • Depleted Adrenal Glands 
  • Breast Lumps 
  • Pancreas decreased function
  • Urinary tract infections
  • Unable to think clearly resulting in costly errors
  • Numbness in extremities
  • Exploding headaches
  • Yeast infection
  • Pelvic and cervical pain
  • Developed early symptoms of uterine cancer (nothing there)
  • Shakiness; chills; dizziness; lightheadedness
  • Inability to sing due to shortness of breath
  • Difficulty in talking loud enough to be heard
  • Difficulty in carrying on a conversation due to limited air
  • Brain Fog and lack of focus
  • Increased painful sensitivity to noise and light
  • Digestive issues that were painful
  • Tics
  • Doctors wanting to place me on anti-depressants
  • Doctors saying I was blocking healing because my spiritual views were too narrow
  • Friends (who were further down the road of traditional medical approaches) taking more medicines and becoming sicker.
After 18 months of the start of this symptom/medical journey a friend directed to the Marshall Protocol which takes a completely different approach to dealing with chronic illness than traditional or alternative medicines. I am grateful that the spiral has stopped. Though I still am sick, less of my body's systems are involved at any one time and never as severely. I am healing rather than just suppressing the symptoms. At times I even feel almost normal. Trevor has said that he feels he is getting his wife back.

I thank God for opening this door for us. It has not been easy and I really wanted to be further along in the program than I am but I have hope. Placing these stones of remembrance are part of reminding myself of the Red Sea (or maybe Egypt) that God has allowed me to leave by His grace and mercy. His strength is what is allowing me to walk through this wilderness of wearing dark glasses, restricting sunlight exposure, being cautious about food intake and encountering the onset of an immune response. When I look at these stones, I remember why I am on this journey. I do not want to return to Egypt.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hi Carolyn,
I am glad to hear that you are having progress, although slow. You are on my mind a lot even though you are far away. I mention you often as I talk to people about the wonderful woman who helped me most in my early homeschooling and mommy journey.
You are loved!