Profile

Monday, August 22, 2011

My Secret Life

In our first year in Louisville, I determined to do as much with my children as possible. This led to three of us (Josiah, Jonathan, and I) signing up for Martial Arts classes. These classes of mixed martial arts served our sons' physical education. They provided me time with the kids and they forced me to use more of my brains as I learned the different forms.

So, here we are, three years later, still taking these classes. Who would have thought that a woman my age is doing this? My objective is still to flee if anyone challenges me on the street but I will use these skills as a back-up if needed. In the meantime, I continue to build my relationship with others and Jonathan and my brain cells through this foggy season of Chronic Fatigue.

Jonathan and I passed our latest rank test earlier this summer. I have included this image in case you need further proof. If you are interested, after this belt comes Green, Brown, and then Black Belt ranks. I guess this isn't a bad secret life just something I choose not to display. Maybe that is a good thing in case someone thinks I am a pushover?

1 comment:

emily said...

This is awesome!!! Now we need some photos of you in action :)