Profile

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

God Allows Me to Fast Again

Never thought I would miss fasting so much. Fasting was a regular spiritual discipline in my life for most of my adult life.  Fasting is not easy but it kept my eyes on God and I have seen God use it to help direct my thoughts and life. 

After almost three years of being chronically ill, God nudged me to bring this discipline back into my life. I was fearful because the last thing I wanted to do was feel worse but I knew that I needed to follow His direction. Though there were so many things stacking up for concerted prayer that I needed to set aside a day each week, I told myself I would start with one day and see how it went before committing myself to a routine.

Praise Him that the day went great.

So a need led to a transition back into a pattern. Thanks be to the Lord who has granted the return of this discipline when it was so needed.

No comments: