Profile

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Transitions and Grandkids

Due to some transitions in the life of my daughter and her family, Grammie (that is me) gets to help for about 12 hours a week by watching our two grand-kids. It has been awhile since a two-year-old and a five-year-old have been under for care for extended periods of time. Though I am looking forward to it, I am also painfully aware that I am rather rusty. Time to apply all those things I have told many younger women in the past! I figure God is giving me a refresher course. He does do that, doesn't He? I am thinking I will be better prepared and more helpful when the next young mom talks with me about the challenges of finding a moment alone and the absolute joy of seeing children gain understanding. I will also help some with homeschooling so I can brush up on the now easier looking topics like counting and reading. Those topics seemed daunting but no longer after facing the mountains of Economics and Ancient Japanese History.

Stay tuned for updates on this new opportunity God is using to refine me.

No comments: