Profile

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Object of My Trust

Any transition requires TRUST. The question is what or who are we trusting in? Our lesson at church today was from Isaiah 30. The children of Israel are running to Egypt (a place of slavery and bondage); Pharaoh (a harsh taskmaster and dictator); camels laden with treasures (stuff); pleasing words (listening to that we like but is not necessarily true); idols (whatever/whoever we depend on); swift horses (to run away)  

When I move towards a solution, it is because I recognize there is a problem. It is good to recognize there is a problem. It was good the Israelites knew something was wrong. In transitions and the process of being transformed, there are problems and you know you got to do something!

As I reflect on my life I see how I have used many of the things the Israelites also used for solutions. Maybe you can relate? I have run to food, self-control, controlling others, new homeschool curriculum, rearranging the furniture, escaping present circumstances, writing a new schedule, good works, busy in activities, memorizing scripture, evaluating food choices, pondering if I did or did not follow a medical protocol, health, money . . . Many of these things are good-- God gave them to me. However, none can truly bring what my problem requires.

"In repentance and rest you shall be saved; In quietness and trust is your strength." Isaiah 30:15

The TRUST that brings peace in my heart and life  is resting in what God has done and what He continues to do to bring me to His place of salvation--ultimately to His Heavenly Home where all is as it should be. I can have peace in my present circumstances because of the Object of my trust is Christ. He alone will provide all that I need if I but run to Him. So, the placement of my TRUST is seen in where I am running.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Just what I needed to hear.
Thank you.
Jen