Profile

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Marshall Protocol Update and REST

Update on Marshall Protocol: January has been a roller coaster. First I became so exceedingly dizzy that I was concerned about passing out on several occasions and often had to stabilize myself against something. The doctor took me off of one of the antibiotics and I was told to increase my rest (ARGH!) but it makes sense if my body is fighting something, I may get dizzy and resting allows my innate, God-given immune system to function more effectively. I have to keep reminding myself about the hidden bacteria that causes these symptoms. I am also thankful that God brought these changes to our attention prior to our vacation! Sure enough, as I rested and the antibiotic filtered out of my body (thus, less intense bacterial die-off), the dizziness became manageable.

I cheated on the Marshall Protocol lifestyle at times on our vacation because making memories was more important for the family.

Another week in January, I became very nauseated. This definitely ebbed and flowed with the Benicar dosing so I just tolerated it. It is just so fascinating how certain symptoms are highlighted for a period of time and then they are gone.

Finally, I had an exhaustion week that was very hard. We have labeled these SLUG times. I started investigating all the things I might have done or not done that could have placed me there.  It is so easy to think it is my fault and I am in control. This too causes stress--another thing to avoid! I suspect the best avenue, if you are being prudent on the protocol is to REST in that you are trying and REST in God's healing and His ways.

I shared this acronym with a friend: REST--Reflecting on Every Strength and Triumph. Ultimately it is all His Victory and He has already Overcome!

No comments: