Profile

Friday, June 25, 2010

Marshall Protocol: The Action of Bacteria

FYI--I have decided to intersperse other posts with ones that are specific to the Marshall Protocol. When this happens, they will have an MP or Marshall Protocol placed in front of them. Feel free to pass them by, if you like. I really wanted this blog to be of things way beyond my health but the illness I have received and the protocol I am pursuing means it is a substantial part of what God has brought into my life at this time and therefore, to ignore it means I am not honoring Him in sharing how He is working through and because of these very circumstances. The Action of Bacteria This medical protocol has forced me to learn much about the action of bacteria. It is quite fascinating and maybe I would even find it more so if I was not dealing with the ill effects of it! One of the necessary impacts of curing my chronic illness is that the bacteria need to be killed. When bacteria are killed, they release poisons into the bloodstream making us feel BAD! In fact, many of the symptoms we try to minimize or cover up are exactly the result that our body is fighting (and winning) over that bacteria. Thus, I have noticed that when I take the small pulses of antibiotic, I have a resurgence of the very symptoms of my chronic illness. Though I cannot totally rely on anything there does seem to be a pattern: Day One of a new dosage level--Notice a impact in my digestive system however, I generally feel better overall. I suspect this is because the bacteria is just being killed and hasn't released its toxins yet or the antibiotic requires a second dosage to be real effective. Sometimes I need to increase Benicar to deal with the digestive symptoms. Day Two (no antibiotics)--Feel generally good (sometimes almost normal). Have to remind myself not to overdo. Day Three of the new dosage level--Oh, my. It does not take long and I am exhausted and brain fog increases.Light sensitivity also increases. I usually increase the Benicar to help me deal with the symptoms. Sometimes my adrenal glands go crazy and I cannot rest. Day Four (no antibiotics)--My body feels better but my mood and emotions are depressed. I have to talk to remind myself of God's truths so I deal correctly with life. After a few days at the new dosage, my body will stabilize. As I consider dangerous bacteria, I cannot help but think of the sin in my life. Sometimes I just get used to the sin so it does not seem abnormal for me. However, because God has made me a new creature in Christ, it is abnormal and I need to treat it as so. Many times I am not even aware of sin's ugly presence (just like bacteria) and that is when it is especially deadly because it is multiplying, taking over the normal functions of my life in Christ, changing its form or hiding deeper in my being--or I cover it up with busyness, good works, or blaming someone else. But here too lies a problem (just like the eradication of unhealthy bacteria)--to get rid of that sin requires the exposure and killing of the sin. That can get ugly! That is uncomfortable. God proclaims to us that if we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. People are astounded when I tell them that the Marshall Protocol may take 3-5 years to return my health. Chronic Illness bacteria do not go away easily. Chronic Sin also does not easily go away though God promises He will cleanse us. There is no length of time promises just a promise that He will do it (which is more than what the Marshall Protocol can do). "He Who began a good work in me will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus" Philippians 1:6 Resting in God's faithfulness and promise, will I submit to His eradication of sin in my life no matter how long and uncomfortable it is? As His child, with a new nature, I do not see how I have a choice. Let this medical condition and protocol remind me of my need to deal radically and persistently with sin.

No comments: